10-19-2018, 11:38 PM
Premium Member

Hi, I just came across about 1,000 VHS tapes of old movies, they are action movies, classics, 80ties, 90ties movies, children movies and Disney films. The conditions of the tapes are all different some are brand new, some are x-rentals, some the cases are in poor shape, others the cases are mint. Every tape is real no bootleg copies or home recorded tapes.

Just wondering if people have any interest in this, the cost will be $1 to $4.00 per tape. Will do like a flat shipping rate for the amount.

1 or 2 tapes $4.00
3 to 5 tapes $7.00
5 to 15 tapes $9.99
20 or more tapes like $15.00

If you order like 100 tapes well, what ever the shipping is.

In the process of putting this all together with all the titles, once the title sells out it is done. Something like the movie Annie have 3 copies.

If people are interested will list them on this site.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Premium Member

I'm interested. Do you have the 1992 VHS release of Beauty and the Beast in good condition? Cover looks exactly like the attached image.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BeautyandtheBeastVHS.jpg (36.1 KB, 7 downloads)
10-23-2018, 05:39 PM
Premium Member

No, have like 10 copies of the Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan

It is my lucky day, went through the other Disney box and guess what showed up.
This tape doesn't sell for these prices? like $70,000 new, Does it?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image11.jpg (130.8 KB, 18 downloads)
10-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

Heh I don't think so. I want to buy a copy as a gift for my SO. They love Disney and that movie in particular so I feel like that VHS would be the perfect pairing for this: https://www.shopdisney.com/beauty-an...disney-1488579
10-23-2018, 08:25 PM
Premium Member

I'll make you a copy of it, if it sells I'll buy you dinner, were ever the hell you want to go. I already listed it on ebay for like $9,000. So we will see, found a entire patch of these Black Diamond Disney Collection videos. One of them is brand new factory sealed.
10-23-2018, 09:10 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
The tape is worth the usual $5 or so.

Quote:
Dumb as that sounds, it happened earlier this week, when a few misleading blog posts raised the possibility that Disney's "Black Diamond" VHS tapes were selling for thousands of dollars. Since pretty much everybody who grew up in the 1990s has at least a couple of those Disney tapes lying around somewhere, hooray! We're all rich, right? (Not, of course, if you bother to look at the actual selling prices for these movies on eBay, which generally falls between $5 and $20—but that didn’t stop any get-rich-quickers from fantasizing about their quick riches.)
You were suckered by clickbait crap.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: JPMedia (10-23-2018)
10-23-2018, 09:57 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deter View Post
I'll make you a copy of it, if it sells I'll buy you dinner, were ever the hell you want to go. I already listed it on ebay for like $9,000. So we will see, found a entire patch of these Black Diamond Disney Collection videos. One of them is brand new factory sealed.
Good luck my friend, but lordsmurf is right. Meanwhile I'll keep looking through the shelves at Goodwill every few days.
10-23-2018, 11:07 PM
Premium Member

I think it is ridiculous, people will buy them, maybe not mine, these idiot millionaires don't care. These Disney tapes are littered all over ebay at insane rates. People like buying crap that is way over priced. If JPMedia would have never came in here asking would have not known or searched through these stacks of tapes for these Disney tapes. It is ironic he came in here asking for a tape that is selling right now on ebay for $250,000. That tape had a bunch of watchers and now it is gone. Someone could have purchased it. You have people that pick the highest rate just to say they spent that kind of money on something that is a complete waste. Yes this is crazy....I have limits on my ebay account I can't list that high not even close to that amount.

The funny thing is I told JPMedia I would make him a copy for free. My hardware alone produces a better picture than 99% of what the avg Joe can do. Instead he is looking in Goodwill stores.

This jerkoff is selling the tape for $198,000 and says it will benefit charity. Yea ok, he is getting 37 views an hour. You watch someone will buy this.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...2/142926425057

I don't know, found a listing of 3 new ones for $4.00 so I had to purchase it. So now I have more copies of this insanity.
10-24-2018, 06:50 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
The funny thing is I told JPMedia I would make him a copy for free. My hardware alone produces a better picture than 99% of what the avg Joe can do. Instead he is looking in Goodwill stores.
My dude, I need the clamshell VHS case more than the actual tape. If you checked the link in my previous post this whole thing might make more sense. I want to buy the Disney VHS Journal and gift it alongside the matching tape.
10-24-2018, 04:37 PM
Premium Member

How many copies of "Jerry Maguire" are in that pile?

Oh and be mindful that Disney clamshell VHS tapes were commonly pirated. There are tons of fakes in the thrift stores around here.

Last edited by NJRoadfan; 10-24-2018 at 04:53 PM.
10-24-2018, 06:06 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRoadfan View Post
Oh and be mindful that Disney clamshell VHS tapes were commonly pirated. There are tons of fakes in the thrift stores around here.
I'm not sure I'd consider those "pirated" if somebody just made a case for the retail tape. Sure, not "original", but I think putting value on a mass-marketed piece of paper to illustrate the product contents is silly. You can easily reproduce it, and no harm is done. Perhaps if both the case and tape were copies, then sure, you'd have a point. But even then, only the tape is considered the pirated aspect, not really the case. You'll commonly see stores like GameStop make copied cases (color or B&W) for titles that lack a case, further making "piracy" of a case not really descriptive of the situation.

Semantics, but important.

Quote:
selling the tape for $198,000
found a listing of 3 new ones for $4.00 so I had to purchase it. So now I have more copies of this insanity.
That Beauty and the Beast Disney tape sells for under $25, period. The only "sold" for over that are from 0-feedback members, probably from 0-feedback/fake buyers. It's just BS. Nobody will ever pay that. You can find several current auctions for 99 cents, plus shipping. It's not a rare tape whatsoever. You'll fallen prey to click-bait fake info, and I don't know what their game is. It's amusing that this "rare" tape has 10+ pages of auctions, range from $200k to pennies, all for the same item.

By contrast, I have actual rare tapes. And with a long dry spell between seeing any, and competing buyers with bucks to spare, perhaps I could get $500. But that's best case scenario. Under normal conditions, maybe $100. These are tapes that I re-transfer every so often, with new gear/methods, to squeeze out more possible quality. My latest transfers are lossless, through DataVideo or SignVideo proc amps, tweaked with Avisynth, and save to both 15mpbs+ MPEG and 10mbps+ H264.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
10-24-2018, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

Have no idea if I have a copy of Jerry Maguire, have so many of these things it is not even funny. It is going to take a while to make a list of all these tapes.

Everyone on this website can make pirated VHS to DVD or to the PC copies. Most of us know how to render the macrovision useless. Most of us know how to strip a DVD and getting the mpeg 2 file off it. This tape sale is not about pirating. It's just that I got a stash of VHS tapes that either I will trash or sell off pretty cheap.
11-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Free Member

Deter---
Do you have any of the Rhino Video VHS Live Action Spiderman TV show compliation films in your stock?
Thanx!
11-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

Hi Deter

I'm following up from my post 2 weeks ago about the Beauty and the Beast VHS. I did in fact find a copy in reasonable shape at Goodwill for $1. The Clam-shell case needs to be cleaned, but the tape plays back just fine. In fact I did a lossless transfer with the tape shortly after bringing it home. I appreciate you looking through your newly acquired tape collection and I hope you're finding buyers.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BeautyandtheBeastVHS-01.jpg (78.0 KB, 53 downloads)
File Type: jpg BeautyandtheBeastVHS-02.jpg (57.1 KB, 49 downloads)
11-24-2018, 11:40 PM
Premium Member

vidz_man01, I have one old spiderman cartoon video with no case and a brand new copy of Spiderman the movie.
11-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Premium Member

JPMedia, Would be interested in viewing just a sample clip of your transfer just to see what it looks like. These tapes are macrovision coded just that alone adds in exhibit color loss.