Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson767 View Post
SO glad to read you're on the MEND. do what it takes to get well. I will have a Hot fudge sundae in your honor tonight - lol
Make sure to top it with a BLUEberry!
The following users thank lingyi for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-07-2019)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Unconfirmed User

Glad you're OK. Funny how a big bowl of ice cream is part of the recovery process for so many things.
The following users thank ELinder for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-09-2019)
09-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

Sounds awfully like a kidney stone. I haven't had to deal with them, but its one of the few things that have that kind of intense pain.
The following users thank NJRoadfan for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-09-2019)
09-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Free Member

Hopefully NJRoadfan is right, and it was something rather innocuous. Take it easy, and let us know how your feeling! I know you are doing the best you can.
The following users thank Winsordawson for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-09-2019)
09-09-2019, 11:10 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsordawson View Post
let us know how your feeling! I know you are doing the best you can.
I hurt myself today. Needed painkillers again.

Without getting into details (privacy), I have internal injuries. After a weekend of rest, I felt much better, so I assumed I was fine. It's not like I tried to run a marathon, just did some light video tasks. But I don't think the doctor really let on to how bad off I was. So I'm apparently still not healed, must rest more, probably the entire week. I have a follow-up then. I'll have to limit the hours I sit in an office chair, no floor work whatsoever. I hate being idle, not in my nature.

<sigh>

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-10-2019, 08:25 AM
Unconfirmed User

You're not being idle, you're hard at work on the task of getting better. If you don't cut corners on other jobs, don't cut corners on this one either.
The following users thank ELinder for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-10-2019)
09-10-2019, 10:25 AM
Free Member

I didn't know video work could be so hazardous! I guess this is a good time to catch up on some binge watching....
The following users thank Winsordawson for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-10-2019)
09-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
I hurt myself today. Needed painkillers again.

Without getting into details (privacy), I have internal injuries. After a weekend of rest, I felt much better, so I assumed I was fine. It's not like I tried to run a marathon, just did some light video tasks. But I don't think the doctor really let on to how bad off I was. So I'm apparently still not healed, must rest more, probably the entire week. I have a follow-up then. I'll have to limit the hours I sit in an office chair, no floor work whatsoever. I hate being idle, not in my nature.

<sigh>
Feel well soon! You're still capable of healing, which is great. As Winsordawson said, this would indeed be a great time to catch up on any shows if that is your thing.
The following users thank Sirworm for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-10-2019)
09-10-2019, 10:32 PM
Premium Member

Take it easy, rest up and get better.

It's not like we miss you when you're not around. *SNIFFLE* Who's cutting onio...BWAHHHHHHH!

Always wishing you all the best!
The following users thank lingyi for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-10-2019)
09-11-2019, 03:56 AM
Free Member

Hope you get better soon LS and send you my best wishes, sounds like you've had a time of it!

Interesting you mention limiting your hours on the office chair, only this last year i've been getting bad pains in my left side, lower back (swollen up) from sitting on my computer chair, all day everyday. Have had to put pillows under my bottom and behind my back to provide more support/comfort. Went to the doctor about it and she recommended swimming as form of exercise that's easy on the joints. Well it's probably due to lack of activity in my case!
The following users thank Master Tape for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-25-2019)
09-12-2019, 10:52 PM
Free Member

Hey LS, I just now reading this thread. So sorry your going through this health challenge....sucks having pain and having to go through it. Heck early last summer I had my gall bladder taken out (after resisting for a good number of years) because the pain was no longer tolerable. Since then I have been great since.

Its been said that you can have billions of dollars, but won't mean one red cent if your health goes under. I am sure many billionaires would be glad to trade all of their wealth to have full health. Its just something that's irreplaceable.

I've known you for a long time LS since the VH days and a great guy. Like the others have said take time for yourself and just relax. There are more than enough people on here that can help each other and newbies to the site as well, so the forums will run just fine. Just pop in whenever your health allows. I still do enjoy reading your posts though, especially when it comes to talking crap about cheap bad equipment that just can't cut the mustard in video work!

Take care!
The following users thank VideoTechMan for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-25-2019)
09-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Free Member

Just reading this too. Sending you my best wishes, LS. As others have said: take time, take care, take it easy. Get well.
The following users thank Tester for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-25-2019)
09-20-2019, 09:14 AM
Premium Member

Just reading your post now, lordsmurf - extremely sorry to hear. Hoping you’re on the path to recovery!
The following users thank FF3D for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-25-2019)
09-22-2019, 08:21 PM
Free Member

Here's a thought.. I'm no doctor... but I'm male.. so I try to solve problems out of reflex.

When I took up handling DVRs and Circuit boards from old systems.. I slowly then quickly developed a kind of "contact dermititis" that just wouldn't go away.

Quite literally the skin on my index finger and thumb would harden, turn a kind of callous hard, and then start to ablate.. or peel away.. no amount of lotions, or efforts to keep them clean would stop the peeling. I showed a doctor and he didn't know what to make of it.. he suggested it was some "Extreme" trigger reaction to something I've handled.

It got quite painful.

The doctor assured me it was a good thing because at least it wasn't entering my blood stream.. but that I should find out what it was.. it didn't take long after that to associate the raw metal on the back of DVRs.. the unpainted, unprotected steel or tin or whatever.. seems to be causing it.

I've since begun handling with white gloves.. or carefully avoiding the metal.. and the symptoms have gone away.

There is some like this on the bottoms of VCRs and other lesser quality made video component boxes.

Since you were working on TBC's it instantly reminded me of this latest episode with my fingers and thumb on my right hand.

I have read that some people also develop an allergic reaction to metals like "nickle" and other kinds of alloys especially when we get older. Triggering an autoimmune response is never good.. but if you have a pre-existing condition.. you may be uniquely vulnerable to this same effect.

I would urge extreme caution handling some of your favorite hobby projects.. perhaps even get a soldering fume hood to whisk that stuff away from you too.
The following users thank jwillis84 for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-25-2019)
09-24-2019, 03:13 PM
Free Member

Get well soon.

Shall We Play A Game?
The following users thank Bodyslide for this useful post: lordsmurf (09-25-2019)
09-25-2019, 02:19 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Finally getting in some work hours again. So getting there.
Just taking it slow, not overdo it.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-25-2019, 04:43 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Finally getting in some work hours again. So getting there.
Just taking it slow, not overdo it.

Good Lordsmurf Recovery
09-30-2019, 01:39 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

I really liked that such a community is good here! Get well soon, I'm sorry I'm new to VHS.
10-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Free Member

I am glad your home and doing better Lordsmurf