12-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Premium Member

I am looking for a better longer camera strap for my nikon d7000, & alot of the newer ones have plastic fixtures, just loop through, or are too short.

I then came across this in my search for camera straps. They started to turn up in my searches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They started to turn up in my searches. They are pretty, & I like that the straps are wide, & the metal fixtures seem more durable than a cheaper piece of plastic, after my incident with my camera, I am not sure I trust plastic fixtures to hold the camera without snapping one day.

I see there are quite a few out there.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

In the late 90s, I bought my mother a strap that looked very much like that one, for the film SLR I helped her pick out. It was new at the time, with some metal instead of plastic, and it came from Ritz in the mall. She loved it -- I hated it. But she wanted a longer non-rubbery strap, and it was perfect. Above all else, I think she really liked the design of it.

It sounds like the very thing you're wanting. And $25 is typical for a strap, so it's a fair price.

In addition to something used on eBay, browse the straps available from B&H (bhphotovideo.com) and Adorama (adorama.com)
They may have something new. I see several nice ones at Adorama.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.