Go Back    Forum > Digital Photography > Photo Cameras: Buying & Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Premium Member

the camera came with a yellow slip for the warranty, should I carry this around everywhere with my camera in the camera bag? in the event I am out, something happens, & I decide that day to take it in to a nikon dealer if I happen to be near one, wouldn't it be best to have that warranty slip with me? what good would it be to me at home? or would a copy work? one with the camera, one at home on file?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Put it in the file cabinet and leave it at home.
Mail in that other registration card, if you want.

Honestly, both of those are worthless pieces of paper that mean nothing. Nikon is legally bound by the laws of your state, when it comes to warranties. Most states require only that you retain the original receipt, which has your purchasing information.

Registration cards are mostly "junk mail sign-up forms" these days, and are therefore something that I never fill out anymore. I keep the original receipts in my files, and that's all I need.

My yellow slips are still in the boxes the gear came in, assuming it's not something I threw away.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
12-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Premium Member

OK, I will file it away with the manuals that came with the camera. What would count as the original receipt? since I bought the camera from amazon, and should I carry around a printed copy in my camera bag in case of being near a warranty center?
12-13-2010, 01:59 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Put it all in a file cabinet -- there's no reason to carry such documents. You'll more likely lose them than find them useful, when stored in a camera bag. File it all away, and hope you'll never need it. (Do you get income tax breaks from college expenses? If so, then that's the most immediate use I can foresee for that document.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.