Go Back    Forum > Digital Photography > Photo Cameras: Buying & Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Premium Member

I am preparing some images of my art work, of which there are a few of me that my uncle took of me next to some of my larger pieces of art. When & if I decide to place a copyright watermark on these, do I use my uncles name? since he took the photos? or my name since they are photos with my artwork in them.

This question has been split from another post or thread. This was done in order to address the topic more in depth, make it easier to find via forum searches, as well as prevent the other post/thread from going too far off-topic. Please continue this part of the conversation here. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Technically, he shot them, so it would be his name -- unless he transferred the copyright to you. That's probably a given, since it's your uncle. However, the other option is to simply not watermark them. (Or only put a watermark over your artwork.) Personally, I would leave his name out of it, since it's an illustrative piece of you standing with your art.

This is one of those cases of creating an issue where one really doesn't exist.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!