Go Back    Forum > Digital Photography > Photo Cameras: Buying & Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Free Member

I was shooting some video on my Canon 70D and at one point I noticed that the possible shots/ remaining images was flashing.

When I reviewed the footage, there were two videos that got cut short but then there were two videos that I shot after that weren't cut short.

I checked how much space I had on the card under the Format section and it showed that there was 16 gigs left.

What happened and what can I do to avoid that happening again?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-16-2014, 06:13 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

This question snuck by me.

Did you ever figure this out?

My first guess is always to blame the memory card -- especially if it's an SD card. The lifespan of an SD is horrible, and that format needs to go. It's way too touchy when it comes to static electricity especially. I've seen far too many dead SDs in my day. I hate having to remove one of those, and only do so in the studio, so that I can go directly from the camera/phone to the card reader. In fact, just plugging the device into USB, and not even removing an SD at all is my first choice!

Also, what brand is card was this?

Quite a few brands are just garbage, and that includes better flash memory formats like CompactFlash (as used in pro cameras). These days, I mostly prefer Transcend to anything else.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.

Tags
dslr, video