Go Back    Forum > Digital Photography > Photo Cameras: Buying & Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Free Member

I'd like some recommendations on buying a new camera to take high quality photos with. Being recently married I would like to get into some photography where I can take great pictures. There are of course the common consumer P&S cameras, but I want to look into something more professional with manual controls.

Since I also do video editing I'd figure learning some photography will come in hand in hand with video. Ive been out of the camera loop for a long time.

I know the usual brands of Canon, Nikon and a few others.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-27-2017, 11:52 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Overlooked this questions. Oops. Not sure what happened here.

- Did you buy something yet?
- If not, what sort of budget do you have for it?
- Generally speaking, a DSLR from Canon or Nikon are your best bets. I prefer Nikon for several reasons that we can go into, if this topic is still valid for you.

Yes, photo has quite a bit in common with video. And actually, if you understand photo first, video is easier to learn.

When it comes to lenses, you also need to learn about Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, Yongnuo, and others. I have many suggestion on lenses for various needs. So even if you bought a camera, further learning will probably still be needed!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.