09-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Free Member

I'm interested in photography and I want to know what is the best quality dSLR out there right now? I'm a beginner, so I probably would need something that is user-friendly, but also the best of its kind. My price range would be anything from $600-2000. If you could recommend anything for me, that would be great!

I would also like to know, how can you tell a good quality camera from an okay one?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-12-2018, 07:00 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Old thread, current topic.

Really, really current topic! The "best" dSLR camera seems to change every few months.

However, not-new SLRs are still excellent. I still use my D3s from 2012, and D810 from 2015, and do not feel limited whatsoever. I mostly add or upgraded lens.

Sometimes used is a better choice than new.

If you want gray market, and don't mind the gamble, you can save some dollars with eBay seller instead of B&H or Adorama ... which are, of course, official Nikon/Canon/etc, and more reliable. I buy all my stuff from Adorama.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.