Go Back    Forum > Digital Photography > Photo Processing, Scanning & Printing

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Premium Member

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Seems they screwed up and are letting it go .

Quote:
http://betanews.com/2013/01/10/adobe...ut-absolutely/

Adobe CS2 is available for free -- kind of, maybe, not really, but absolutely

First, Adobe’s Dov Isaacs posted a forum message saying that the company was "absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!" Apparently the CS2 activation servers are being terminated, and these builds and serial numbers are intended for existing licence holders to use as an alternative.

The company didn’t take the CS2 page down, though, or add a warning or explanatory message, or do anything else to keep people away.

In fact, Adobe has done the opposite. Initially you needed to log in via your Adobe account to view the download page; now it's freely accessible to everyone. It looks like the company have accepted that there’s no putting the cat back in the bag, and whatever the original intention, CS2 is now available for free.

Oooops, someone is getting fired. LOL
The following users thank thecoalman for this useful post: JMP (01-18-2013)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I almost don't know what to think of that. I read it right when you posted it, too. Weird!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
01-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Premium Member

It also shows why software activation is a very very bad thing. If I purchased CS2 and Adobe decided to no longer activate it in the future, I would be quite angry. Meanwhile cracked/pirated copies enjoy zero hassle and no risk of the software becoming useless if the vendor goes out of business or decides that they don't want to activate new software anymore.
The following users thank NJRoadfan for this useful post: JMP (01-18-2013)
01-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Premium Member

Two things I wonder about, how much resources could activation possibly consume? The second thing is I'd assume they could of just issued a patch. It's certainly possible this was a well planned publicity stunt.