03-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
continued from PM...

Quote:
Hi Lordsmurf, thanks a lot for your advice and taking your time to answer my questions and providing the relevant links; much appreciated sir.
If I could just trouble your for a bit more advice; if I was to invest in software, would DVDWS2 be sufficient for all my needs? And would you advise it be worth investing in? $49 is not too bad and if it would be a lot easier to use (especially as time is short) and provide much better quality and results, then I would happily invest.

Thanks again Lordsmurf.
For the authoring portion (making menus, chapter marks, etc), then Ulead DVD Workshop 2 is the best option, absolutely.

Note that authoring is after you're done editing and making your DVD-ready MPEG files.

Think of making a scrapbook:
  • Taking photos = shooting video
  • Printing paper photos, or transferring digital photos from camera to computer = capturing video (from analog tapes), or transferring to hard drive (from digital formats)
  • Cutting photos up = editing video
  • Placing the photos in the perfect place, and gluing them down the way you want it to look; i.e., your presentation = authoring DVD
  • If your scrapbook is done on a computer, then printing it out = burning ... If your scrapbook is paper, then there is no analogy for burning.
DVDWS2 = tool for authoring

Guide for using DVDWS is here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/show...-dvd-1506.html
Buy it for the current low price of $49 at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...3167/KBID/4166

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors