11-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Free Member

Hi people!

I am having some issues regarding encoding with some MiniDV transfers I need to burn into DVD's.

The process:

Transfer the MiniDV tapes using WinDV.
Copy'd files to edit pc.
Edit in Virtualdub. Join all the scenes. Export as Lagarith (YV12).
Edit using Avisynth, trim, remove borders, CCD color correction, denoise, adjust resolution to proper size (NTSC 720x480). NO deinterlacing applyed.

Now I need to convert it to MPEG2 / .VOB for dvd burning. No menus, just pure video, insert disc and play.

I've try'd several encoders but I don't seem to find one that adjusts to my needs.

Some of what I tested:

Shutter encode
r: Simple drag and drop. Encodes to mpeg2 and ac3, then converts it to .vob files and folders ready to burn. HOWEVER it exports to 16:9 resolution and when play'd on my dvd looked weird. Also seems to bring some picture issues when encoding to mpeg2:

Also, when checking with mediainfo, the .vob files seem to be in PAL @ 25fps, even if the original file (before encode) was NTSC @ 29.97.

DVDFlick: kindda works, but still not what I am looking for.

AVStoDVD: unable to make it work. Keeps giving me errors regarding avisynth 'cause I have already installed on other directory and I use mostly Avisynth+. Any steps to make it work properly?
TMPGEnc: slow. When converted it has sync issues with the audio. Some Minidv tapes had dropouts and data corruption.

HCGui: Fast and good quality but same as TMPGEnc, has sync issues.

ConvertXtoDVD: Under testing.

I try'd others too, but didnt like'em or wasn't what I was looking for.

Other software recommendations or steps to get the job properly done?

Would it be better to deinterlace and encode it as progressive dvd?

Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dvd_snapshot_00.01.24.600.jpg (60.2 KB, 23 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors