Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-12-2021, 10:53 PM
Free Member

I have been using Smart Cutter to cut my over the air .TS files, but it has lots of issues. Lordsmurf (in another forum) suggested that I give MPEG2VCR or MPEG Video Wizard a try. I had codes for both but haven't used them in over 10 years and assumed they wouldn't work on a newer OS, but thankfully they both have worked. However MVW has caused some issues with the subtitles.

The original file info:

Duration 32 min 58s
Video: MPEG2
Resolution: 704x480
Audio: AC-3 2 channel 48khz
Closed Caption: EIA-608 muxed in video #1

The closed captioning can be enabled and is fine in the original file. But after I cut out the commercials with MVW 2005, the Closed Caption is still there, but the letters are all scrambled up.

For example:

Original:
I'm gonna make
bacon and eggs.

MVW 2005:
I'gom manna ke
n baco and eg.gs

Smart Cutter never messed with the captioning, otherwise MVW 2005 worked so much better. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

I tried installing the MPEG Video Wizard DVD 4 that I found on this forum, but as expected, my code wouldn't work for it. Thanks for any suggestions.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-13-2021, 04:42 PM
Free Member

My version of MPEG2VCR (08/2003) would only output until the first cut location, and then stop. It also crashed a few times in Win7.

The version of MPEG2VCR I downloaded from this forum (12/2005) worked a little better, but the closed captions were still scrambled.

The version of MPEG Video Wizard that I downloaded from this website (2003) had a few issues while scrolling through on the timeline (choppy and at times showed frames that aren't there), and when writing the cut .TS file, it would not only stop writing at the first cut, but the program freezes and requires a visit to task manager to kill it.

The version of MPEG Video Wizard that I have (2005) works great except for the scrambled closed captions.

The version of MPEG Video Wizard DVD that I downloaded from this forum (version 4) is flawless and the closed captioning is not altered...unfortunately I only have a 30 day trial for this and no way to purchase a code.