04-16-2021, 10:26 PM
Free Member

Once again my ATI 600 card is having issues. I STRONGLY suspect it is related to the Windows 10 update that just happened as it was fine before. It is jumpy and weird, even just the VCR screen shows this so its not a tape. I am attaching a sample, anyone have this issue?

-- merged --

I should also note that I have uninstalled the card and drivers and re-installed to no avail.

-- merged --

Well I have partially solved my own problem. I rolled back to the last version of Windows 10 before the update and now the ATI 600 works fine. So I guess I am stuck with this version of windows for the time being.

Attached Files
File Type: mkv test.mkv (1.07 MB, 8 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-18-2021, 04:48 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
This is why Win10 is a problem capture OS. Happens all the time, with all capture cards. Some are more resilient than others, but it still happens on 100% of cards to some degree.

These errors are "random", but I firmly believe it's a complex issue involving graphics display drivers, and not jsut the OS itself. And Nvidia tends to be the most problematic card, very common with the sorts of trouble reports. (Yes, Nvidia is one of the largest suppliers of graphics cards, so you'd expect to see it mentioned frequently. However, it's a larger % than the market share %.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-19-2021, 04:32 PM
Free Member

I had the exact same problem present itself on my Win 10 machine, which had not been connected to the internet/updated in at least two months. No new software installed. I couldn't resolve it. Using a Tevion USB (AIW clone). Frustrating.