Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-19-2021, 06:49 AM
Free Member

Here is my set up

Source tapes: Hi8 recorded by Sony TRV95E Hi8 XR PAL camcorder played back on Sony TRV461E D8 Handycam.
Capture Card: 710-USB
System: Win7 SP1 32-bit, VirtualDub 1.9.11, Lagarith/YUY2, audio capture to uncompressed PCM

Sony TRV461E D8 Handycam:
TBC: ON. I guess it helps; should i leave this ON? I do not have an external TBC.
DNR: OFF. Color noise reduction post capture

Crossbar Thing:
Video Extensions tab: Does startup mode impact capture? I guess not.
Pinnacle_Video Extensions.jpg
Video Decoder tab: Should "VCR Input" be checked or unchecked?
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

VirtualDub Settings
I have arrived at the following setting based on my understanding from the detailed VirtualDub guide by sanlyn - http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...-settings.html Pinnalce_Video Decoder.jpg

Drop frames when captured frames are too close together: Unchecked. Will VirtualDub report dropped frames if unchecked?
Insert null frames when captured frames are too far apart: Selected/Checked, since I do not have an external frame TBC. Do null frames help to keep A/V going out of sync?
Sync audio to video by resampling the audio to a faster or slower rate: Checked
Correct video timing rate got fewer frame drops/inserts: Unchecked for for integrated A/V cards
Automatically disable resync when integrated audio/video capture is detected: Checked - as suggested for integrated A/V cards
Direct Show Options: Check "force audio clock" entry

Could you please comment on these settings and if I can proceed to capture with these? Thanks

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-19-2021, 07:50 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Yes, line TBC on.

That's not Crossbar Thing. That's the Pinnacle driver dialog.
Most is left at default.
"VCR input" does nothing.

VirtualDub, top setting wrong, you want to drop here.
This card has internal sync, so do not resync. Auto checked is correct.
Don't force audio clock.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-19-2021, 09:31 AM
Free Member

Thanks for the quick reply LS. I have attached the revised settings to confirm my understanding.
VDub-capture_timing.jpg

I have also corrected the title of the thread.

Update: The corrected title is not being reflected - I guess I may have to edit the title elsewhere

Last edited by Delta; 09-19-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Tags
710-usb, hi8 capture, virtualdub capture