07-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Free Member

I'm trying to make a compliation DVD with DVD-Lab Pro, and I can't figure out how to have the seperate parts of the DVD together so I can make a menu of them. I don't know if anyone here any experience and knowledge of DVD-Lab Pro, but I figured I'd give it a shot..

There's 5 parts of this compliation DVD, all seperate VHS recordings. I had to make 5 different "movies" in DVD-Lab Pro to import them all in, so I can have them all in this project..

I can tell they are all in here because with all 5 parts imported, it says my DVD will be a total size of 4.65 GB, so I know that part is right so far. My problem is, I made a main menu, the one that pops up when you first put the DVD in, and I made a link that says Play, so I linked that to the first part of the DVD, which I wanted it to be, and the problem is the chapters..I want to link that to a seperate page and when you go it, you can see all 5 of the parts on the DVD, and select which one that you want to watch. I'm having a problem with that because when I right click on chapters from my main menu, it will only link movie 1,2,3,4,5 seperately, I can't figure out a way to have them all together on one menu..how do I do that?

When I go to the connection tab, it shows that they will play in order, 1,2,3,4,5 so I know that is right also, but I just can't figure out how to bring them all together on one page so I can make a chapter selection..
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Free Member

In DVD-Lab Pro, when you're making a DVD out of 1 VHS video, you go thru the video, and select where you want chapters to be, well for my project, I can't figure out how to merge all the seperate recordings into 1 so I can split them up into chapters...each "part" is a seperate movie part, and I can only go thru each movie part seperately, and I can't make chapters that way because they are all seperate recordings..
07-27-2009, 03:36 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

The max size allowed on a single layer DVD is 4.37GB (technically 4.38GB, but aim a little lower, just to be safe!). 4.65GB is too much for a single disc. Ignore the "4.7GB" written on the disc, that is marketing mangling of the space available.

Unfortunately, there really is not anybody here available to assist with that exact program, DVD-Lab. It falls below our needs and standards for projects.

There are really two programs that I would suggest:

1. Ulead DVD Workshop 2 is by far one of the easiest authoring programs to use, with many advanced and professional-level features, yet with an intuitive interface that is fairly simple to operate. This software once cost up to $500, but can now found for as little as $99 brand new! It's technically a "discontinued" product, ever since Corel bought out Ulead, so it can be hard to find. Luckily, B&H has it for an excellent discount!

2. TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 (formerly known as TMPGEnc DVD AUthor) is an admirable second choice, a product made for consumers. It's not quite as feature-rich as DVD Workshop 2, but it's just as easy to use (maybe even easier, depending on who you talk to). I highly recommend it for menu-less DVD authoring, to create DVDs that play like a VHS tape would (just insert it, and it plays!). You can buy TMPGEnc Authoring Works directly from the software company for $99. I like TAW4, but honestly, when it's the same price, Ulead DVDWS2 is the no-brainer choice, assuming you're after really nice DVD menus. The only thing TAW4 does that DVDWS2 cannot is menu-less discs, and some Blu-ray authoring.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!