01-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Free Member

Can any one help, I'm trying to unlock an LG HT554 DVD player to play all regions and can't find an unlock. I'm in Thailand and it's locked to Region 3 I'd like to watch my DVD's from the UK.

thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Most DVD recorders are permanently locked to their pre-determined region. The only way to unlock/"hack" a machine is by altering pre-existing firmware code or hidden menus. But most machines do NOT have such things.

But altering the DVD player or DVD recorder is not necessary to view DVDs from other countries or regions!

Your next course of action to bypass region "protection" is to simply remove it from the disc. Then all you're left with is PAL and NTSC video formats to overcome. However, most machines all over the world -- thanks to mass production in China -- are able to play both formats, having usually been manufactured for worldwide distribution.

You can read more on the topic of removing region coding from DVDs at http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/show...ions-1948.html -- that page discusses ripping the discs (which thereby removes the region coding) and burning a new region-free copy that you can watch.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs

Tags
dvd player, hack, lght554, region unlock