Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Website and Server Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-01-2010, 03:58 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
I don't know if this is an old plugin that I just learned about, a new plugin, or a new name/version for a plugin that used to exist under a different name. Anyway, thanks to http://www.studiopress.com/plugins/simple-urls for the head's up on this.

Download it from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-urls/

Quote:
Simple URLs is a complete URL management system that allows you create, manage, and track outbound links from your site by using custom post types and 301 redirects.

Usage
Simple URLs adds a new custom post type to your Admin menu, where you can create, edit, delete, and manage URLs. It stores click counts in the form of a custom field on that custom post type, so it scales really well. By avoiding page based redirects, which is the current trend in masking affiliate links, we avoid any issues with permalink conflicts, and therefore avoid any performance issues.

Download
The Simple URLs plugin is hosted at the WordPress Plugins directory. You can download it there.

Installation
1) Upload the entire simple-urls folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
2) DO NOT change the name of the simple-urls folder
3) Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4) Navigate to Settings > Permalinks and save them. Yes, just click save. Trust me.
5) Navigate to the Simple URLs menu
6) Create a new URL, or manage existing URLs.
7) Publish and use the URLs however you want!

Screen shots
simple-urls-admin.jpg
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors