10-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

If I get an iPad, I have to get one of these: https://www.padacs.com/cart/product.php?id=59
I truly hate watching myself use a computer. If I wanted to do that, I'd take my laptop into the bathroom and use it on the counter, with a full mirror. This ingenious little filter removes this nuisance.

Quote:
PD107 : PADACS GlareGuard
The PADACS GlareGuard provides maximum protection for your iPad screen. Made from military grade film, GlareGuard’s invisible protection not only prevents scratches, but reduces the visual impact of glare and fingerprints. GlareGuard will not interfere with the responsiveness of the touch screen.
Price : $12.95

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Free Member

Great product! i have been searching like this as i have a hard time using the ipad under direct sunlight. I am curious as well with the privacy screen protectors that are available to notebooks. I like that screen as you can do absolutely anything without worrying your seatmate would see what you are typing/doing. Do you guys have any recommendations?
03-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

The big issue with anything "stuck" onto a screen is that it will inherently reduce some of the clarity and contrast, and quite often adds more glare. So that's something to keep in mind.

And therein lies the interest in this unique product -- it actually reduces glare. I have no doubt that it will, in some way, alter clarity of color, but the reduction of glare may offset it for a better overall viewing experience.

I often think the concern over nosy neighbors is a bit overstated. I have pretty good vision, but unless I'm pretty close to a relatively small 8x10 screen -- or even a 17" notebook screen, for that matter -- I can't really see anything important (i.e., bank account numbers, username/password logins, etc). At best, I could see some videos or photos, so don't look at photos of your significant other in lingerie, or anything of that nature, while in public. Generally speaking, these days most people won't notice or care anyway, as they're too busy typing or talking on their own digital doodad.

I was going to buy a $350 refurb'd iPad, but they sold out too quick. Oh well, maybe later.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!