Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
Learn how to make the lips in photos "talk" with some clever editing in Adobe Premiere. This specific FX has been used numerous times on the Conan O'Brian talk shows in the past decade. It's really easy to do, and takes only minimal knowledge of Premiere.

NOTE 1: Tutorial source. This comes from the Wrigley Video site (wrigleyvideo.com), which appears to be offline now. I hope it's just temporary, not permanent. (Update: It's sadly permanent.) However, that's the downside of the Internet -- when a site goes, all the information tends be lost. Unlike paper libraries. I downloaded the video many years ago, when I was still learning Premiere. It's a good thing I kept a copy of it.

NOTE 2: Adobe Premiere versions. This was made specifically for an older version of Adobe Premiere. However, the information still applies today, on Adobe Premiere CS3, CS4 and CS5. Learn the methodology shown here -- it's not meant for "monkey see, monkey do". Some of the referenced menus and tools have been moved around a bit in the past 10 years, but they are still around. Read the Adobe Help file if you get lost. I've referenced this video myself a lot in past years, as I don't use this technique often. I've had no issues applying the techniques in Premiere CS3.

To Download the Video: You must be logged in to download files. If you're not already a member, then register now as a Free Member. Or better yet, upgrade to a Premium Member status to support the community and get access to exclusive emails, newsletters and site content.

Please right-click and "save as" the video to your computer. Don't try to watch it in your web browser.

Watch it in Windows Media Player, VLC or MPC/MPC-HD.

Happy editing.

Attached Files
File Type: wmv Conan Lips Tutorial for Premiere.wmv (5.53 MB, 75 downloads)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

The site is closed down permanently. This was emailed in November 2010:

Quote:
I have some news to let you all know that I will be taking WrigleyVideo.com down in the next few days. As any regulars know; I have not been around for a while. My life has taken a turn and am now pursuing a different course.

This summer I finished co-authoring the Adobe Classroom in a Book for Premiere Pro (CS5). This is the 3rd time adobe has asked me to author this book, and I believe this is the last one I will be doing. It is available for sale on amazon and other book sellers for those interested in picking up a copy.

I still love adobe products and the world of video, but can no longer devote the time and resources needed to maintain this website and community. I have actually been a poor host for the past several months. This site has introduced me to many people and opportunities. Memories I will always cherish.

I wish everyone the best.
Curt
R.I.P. Wrigley Video. Anybody with tutorials archived is encouraged to archive them here.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!