Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-20-2011, 05:44 AM
Free Member

a dvd menu has visible text and has invisible buttons next to it. these buttons get highlighted as you move up & down the menu with your cursor keys on your remote.

ok, say i wanted to copy that existing menu, but add another button & text.
it is a "still" menu.

copying the existing menu is easy enough - via pgcedit - saved as bmp.

then change it to have the new text - in photoshop - save new still menu as bmp.

then use vobblanker/muxman to replace the old menu with the new one.

however, i don't know how to copy / add an invisible button!

what app shows these invisible buttons?
and what app allows one to copy & paste a new invisible button?

thanks.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
The image is long gone, so there's really no way to "copy" it. You'd have to re-create the button shape on your own. DVD is a distribution format, and end-product, so there's really not many ready-made applications that will deconstruct a DVD so that you can re-edit it. The assumption is that you can always go back to original source to remake a disc.

There are only a few hobby tools, such as PgcEdit, VobEdit, DVD Decrypter, DVD ReMake, etc, that do anything remotely along the lines of decompiling or editing a DVD-Video format disc (or disc image). I would take a look at the features found in DVD ReMake or DVD ReMake Pro.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
05-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Free Member

look at this thread to see how i managed to create a new invisible highlight button!