Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Free Member

Hi,

I want to know if the bdr Panasonic are good media.

are they comparable to verbatim (Mits Kagaku)?

I always purchase verbatim but now I found that the MID code of my bluray is CMC magnetics...

So, the panasonic are made in japan, are they good media for archival? are they considered to be in the first class quality bluray?

if not, which bdr are the best?

and i don't understand why the panasonic are not in the list of the quality media by categorie....?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by vampat; 11-07-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Ignoring any issues of firmware compatibility (i.e., what model of drive do you have?), then these are good discs: YES.

Media ID for 4x 50GB Panasonic BD-R = MEI-T02-001

MEI = Matsushita Electric Industrial

Matsushita = Panasonic + JVC parent corporation, which is why you find them in Panasonic branded packages.

Amazon has a 50-pack for $350: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00406VZ40
How does this price compare to what you've seen?

A new review dedicated to Blu-ray quality (BD-R, BD-RE) is currently being written, based on a year worth of testing. More guides are being written to address complementary concepts of longevity, burning, authoring, etc. It will be completed by the end of February, though I hope to have it completed much quicker than that. Just have to be realistic about timeframes, given all the projects and other guides/editorials currently in the queue. You should see some major changes to our media articles soon. I was penning outlines this afternoon, going over the new layout of information.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
11-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Free Member

Thank you for your reply

my burner is a Pionner BDR-206

So, can we say that this bdr are in the 1er class media? If JVC are, i suppose that panasonic are too...

if you have tooà choose between panasonic-jvc vs Verbatim ( mits kagaku, not CMC), witch one is the best with pionner burner?

thank you very much!!
11-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

These discs should work perfectly in your Pioneer BDR-206 drive.

JVC's optical media division is owned by Taiyo Yuden, not Matshusita. The "JVC" brand name is split among a number of owners in various product industries. It's no longer a single company. So no, it's not safe to assume JVC is using MEI media.

MEI, Mitsubishi and Taiyo Yuden are all safely in the 1st Class Blu-ray (BD-R, BD-RE) status, yes.
TDK's Japanese media are there, too.

Amazon has a 50-pack for $350: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B00406VZ40
How does this price compare to what you've seen? I looked at popular stores like Meritline and Supermediastore, and they're not even offering these discs currently. (And what they do have in stock is more costly -- Verbatim discs.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.