12-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Free Member

firstly sorry - think i've asked this question previously on the wrong page ! i have downloaded the dvdshrink/imgburn/mod files and repeatedly followed the instructions - dvdshrink will not burn using imgburn . it still says burn with nero . i have a bog standard xp 32 system 1gb celeron - no tweaks or suchlike and running mse and mbam pro . what am i doing wrong please ? any help welcome . cheers madbob
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

You've simply overlooked it.

DVD Shrink works like this:
  1. Open a disc ISO image, or open files off a hard drive.
    • Never open a disc directly. It's bad for the drive, and makes DVD Shrink work much slower. Beyond that, discs with copy protection generally cannot be read, so if you're trying to make an emergency copy of a rare disc, you'll have to rip it in something else first (like DVD Decrypter).
  2. Either re-author (keep movie only), or compress the full disc -- this is basically a pick-and-choose type editor.
  3. Under compression settings, deselect unwanted audio/subtitles, or tweak compression settings
  4. Click the big BACKUP button, which has several more tabs of options --
    • For example, max smooth settings with deep analysis, which takes longest but looks best. In the era of quad core computers, calling it "longest" is almost a joke now, as it's at least as fast as realtime, if not quite a bit more. When DVD Shrink was still new and actively developed, it would take many hours.
    • Disc title
    • CPU priority (best to leave alone), and ability to have computer shut itself off when finished
    • Remove regions by setting all of them
  5. Selecting the target device to burn the new copy, whether it's burned directly to a disc, or burned to an ISO image file on the hard drive.
    • This is where you'll find "Create ISO image file: ISO image file and burn with ImgBurn"
Like this:

dvdshrink-imgburn-setting-location.jpg

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
12-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Free Member

most excellent ! i understand now and it works well . many thanks for your clear guidance . cheers madbob