Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Encode, Convert for discs

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Free Member

Hi Lordsmurf,

I was reading your comments on using MainConcept Reference for encoding MPEG-2 files for DVD.
(http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...-Encoder-Today)

I've been trying to use MainConcept Reference to encode a 7:30 short film, from Cineform avi 1920x1080 to MPEG-2 / DVD. But a strange thing happens -- the video will stop playing early -- say at 7:12 or 6:30, etc (it varies on encode), yet the file will continue "playing" till 7:30.

When I import the MPEG-2 file into Adobe Encore, the video file shows up as a 6:30 or 7:12 length file. But if I drag the end of the file out past its "end point", the following footage appears (ie, after 6:30 or 7:12). Unfortunately when I burn a disc image, the DVD only plays up to 6:30 or 7:12, then the video stops while the sound continues to 7:30.

I figured I'd try asking you about this, as I can't find anything online about it. I ran an encode with Adobe Media Encoder (guessing Mainconcept SDK?), and while it worked fine, it looks really terrible compared to the Mainconcept encode -- much darker and poorer colors. So if I can't get Mainconcept to work, then I guess the next step could be an encode with HCenc? Thanks for any advice you can offer!!

Ram

-- from fjolafilms

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors