01-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Premium Member

I was told that there are screen shots made as a guide for me for backing up my dvd's, & I was going to have an advanced guide.

So far I have been given steps

1. use dvd fab dvd decrypter to copy the dvd's, I would still like some detailed outlines for all the settings to use in this.
2. Use any iso lite or image burn to make the .iso files, & outlines for all the settings for these as well.
3. I will have all this content on a 1 tb external hard drive.

Apologies if I am rushing, but the new school semester will be starting for me in about a week and a half, & once my classes start, I will not have any time for dvd backups, so I would like to get most of it done while I am not snowed under with school work.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

The Mac version of DVDFab is fundamentally broken, and cannot be supported by us at this time.
There's absolutely zero way to reliably use an OS X computer to copy/backup DVDs as ISO files at this time.

You'll need to use a Windows computer for this task.

I wish I had better news for you, but the attempts to create a Mac based guide have failed over and over again. (Aggravating. )

For example, this was today's most recent stupid/obscure error thrown by DVDFab:

dvdfab-mac-sucks.jpg

If you want a Mac based solution, you'll simply have to wait around for DVDFab to upgrade their software, which doesn't seem to be a priority based on their responses to bug reports in their forum. Given how Mac is a niche platform, I would imagine 95% or more of their sales is tied by Windows users.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.