Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Free Member

Regarding: How to Edit Video from DVD Recorder on a Computer (Windows)

I did not see the exact issue i have in the article above so here is the question:

I use a Sony DVD recorder GX-360 in VR Mode and STACK videos/old movies from TV onto a DVD-RW.
Sometimes my wife like a separate DVD to watch of just one old movie.
Is there software to EXTRACT just one video/movie so it can be recorded by itself on a DVD-R.
The VOB are broken into times and not Charters or videos.
Is there software you know that can read a VR Mode, read the MENU and EXTRACT the video into a PC file for recording.
It is the Extraction that I can not seem to figure out.
Thanks.

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I'm afraid I don't understand the question entirely.

"VR mode" -- true VR mode, at least -- uses a single VRO file to hold the video. There is not a VOB set.

There's no way to extract content from a VRO file. It's simply copied from a disc to the computer, and then it can be edited in MPEG cut/splice/editing software, like Womble MPEG Video Wizard.

VOB files are part of the DVD-Video format, and are controlled by IFO files. Those should be broken down by recording, though I have seen a few DVD recorders that will merge all recordings if specs match (same "mode" -- meaning the same resolution and bitrate flags).

Your Sony recorder may be doing something funky and non-standard, so I doubt software exists to do what you want.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.