06-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Free Member

Pardon my ignorance as I am not too familiar with QuickTime. Is there such thing as uncompressed MOV file? I am looking at the HDMI card Black Magic intensity Thunderbolt. They claim that on MAC they capture into uncompressed MOV and that MOV is a container just like AVI. If that's the case, is there any way to convert MOV to Huffyuv AVI without loss of information? Thank you.

--Leonid
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Q: Uncompressed MOV? Does it exist?
A: Yes.

Q: Is there any way to convert MOV to Huffyuv AVI without loss of information?
A: I don't believe so, no. However I've also never tried. Huffyuv and ProRes422 are usually far more desirable.

I can't do it today, but I'll look at some of the export options in FCP and Premiere Pro on Mac. (Tomorrow.) There may be a way to export to AVI. I don't know all of the options off-hand because Mac is generally only good for a few workflows, and I'm very tunnel-vision when using one.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: metaleonid (06-06-2012)
06-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Free Member

Thank you. Other couple of questions. Does it support interlaced video? Can I still go from MOV to say mpeg2 or mkv, right?
06-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Q: Does it support interlaced video?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I still go from .mov to say MPEG-2 or MKV, right?
A: Yes, you can re-encode to other formats, just like you can on a Windows based system.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
06-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Currently, there is no program can convert a video file without any quality loss ...

<signature to fake junkware removed!>
... though it has been added to the list: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news...on-thread.html
-admin
06-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseeguy View Post
Currently, there is no program can convert a video file without any quality loss
It's amazing how moronic spammers can be. I guess in the myopic world of video know-nothings, uncompressed and lossless formats don't exist! This is an excellent example of why $30 video converter software (mostly Chinese garbage) should never be used. These people clearly don't have a deep understanding of digital video.

What a goober.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!