Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Free Member

Funmoods has taken over my computer! Funmoods web search, homepage. Is there an easy way to get rid of this crap?

This question has been split from another post or thread. This was done in order to address the topic more in depth, make it easier to find via forum searches, as well as prevent the other post/thread from going too far off-topic. Please continue this part of the conversation here. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
First off, don't use Internet Explorer. Instead use one of the Mozilla browsers: Firefox, Seamonkey or Pale Moon. While Chrome can be good, the Mozilla browsers are honestly much better.

Second, use the NoScript plugin, so that scripts are not able to randomly install crap on your computer. You'll need to learn to approve sites that you trust when needed. You'll whitelist sites (like digitalFAQ.com and all of the domains we connect to, such as Google, Viglink, Woopra, etc) as needed, using "Allow All This Page". And then random sites found while "surfing" will not have access until specifically permitted. You'll still need/want to be careful, of course.

Funmoods has instructions to remove their junk here: http://funmoods.com/english/faq#a10

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs