Go Back    Forum > Digital Photography > Photo Cameras: Buying & Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Premium Member

I was discussing playable movie files in another section, & I thought that starting afresh thread for this might be better

can anybody suggest a good digicam with a compact body, (not too heavy/bulky in my purse) with a long zoom, 10x optical or more with a watch ready movie mode. In watch ready I mean something that produces movie files in a format that can be burned raw right out of the camera to a blank disc without needing editing, conversion container wrapping etc, to play in a dvd or blue ray player.

the watch ready movie mode is fairly important, as family likes to take movies & wants to see the footage right away. An easier movie mode would relieve me of needing to fuss with the movie files when all we want to do is see the footage, most likely it will be watched once & then the disc will get shuffled away & forgotten about.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
I really don't know of anything like this. The better solution may be one of those "Youtube-ready" type low-cost video cameras.
You're going to have to pour through camera specs, and see which formats a camera shoots in.

If you still want a still camera, start hunting at http://www.dpreview.com

After you find a few models that do what you want, come back here and ask for advice on picking the perfect one from a list of 3-5 models.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs