Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Encode, Convert for discs

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Premium Member

I just bought this software per recommendation of this website.

well it is not working to well for me so far, every video I try to download from youtube, & make the output to dvd mpg,mpg 2, settings, it downloads with errors, & the final file I get is in .webm format.

I want to be able to download & covert youtube & other online videos to mpg dvd format.

I tried a video from Saturday night live & all it recorded was the ad the comes before the video.

is there anything that this program can download properly?

so far, I may just take up the program for their 30 day money back guarantee as so far it has not done anything I want it to, & am disappointed.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Don't use Replay Media Catcher for Youtube. Use it for non-Youtube sites.
For Youtube, use the free version of YTD Video Downloader (YTD Basic) from http://www.youtubedownloadersite.com

Be careful when installing it. It tries to add crap to your computer, so you have to uncheck/un-X boxes for toolbars, adware, payware, etc. I forget what all it tries to install. Again, read very carefully, because lots of these little two-bit software companies (usually individuals) try to trick you.

It only works for Youtube.

I find this to be a better alternative to keepvid.com, which has too many Java problems these days.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
The following users thank admin for this useful post: mikeey (03-09-2013)
07-29-2012, 02:27 AM
Premium Member

Is there a good windows youtube downloader? I need one that can download & convert to DVD mpeg2 format.

I tried using replay catch media center on NBC/Saturday night live clips, & all it downloaded was the ad before the video clip starts.
07-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

The one in my last post is for Windows.

You're not going to find a quality program that converts the video, in addition to downloading it.
Those are two separate processes that really need to be left separate.

You can use Avidemux to convert the downloaded MP4 or FLV to MPEG-2.
And then you can use the freeware tool Simple DVD Creator to author a menu-less disc.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!