Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Free Member

I have had great sucess with verbatim," life series' for years. dvd-r. love it

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

The "Life Series" media is manufactured by CMC, and is a CMC product with CMC IDs.

It's not high-quality media, and is not suggested. At best, some burners do work well with it, and you may be lucky enough to own one of them.

CMC media also varies a lot, because it's cheaply produced. Burn a few thousand discs, and see how well you still regard them. Most people only burn a single spindle of discs before deciding they are "good", and that's a dangerous leap of faith. Our media reviews are based upon thousands of burned discs spanning the past decade. So that's something to really consider. Don't profess your love too quickly -- you may get heartbroken easily.

Be sure to test your discs, too.

Pertinent links:
- http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/medi...r-burning.html
- Blank DVD Media Quality Review

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.