Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-30-2013, 01:22 AM
Free Member

Howdy,

I downloaded the software and made a live cd. On my desktop with HDMI it runs into issues with underscanning so I couldn't read things too well. For the laptop it worked well and just required some work to get the wireless internet set up. Now downloading and installing flash proved to be too much of challenge for me. I was doing console commands and reading files but I'm too tired to figure it out. It has more of a learning curve than I want to invest time into to make it work for me.

From Womb to Tomb I'm a Gamer!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-30-2013, 01:27 AM
Free Member

Howdy,

Finally was able to install flash today. Never could figure it out to manually install it from the website but I did manage to learn some console commands that does some bulk installation. I might look into some form of dual boot for my desktop. Its getting close to fubar and I'm looking at this pretty closely. The HDMI display was giving it some issues with the desktop going past the edge of the screen.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xubuntu-restricted-extras

My linux is really rusty so I have no clue what the sudo command is.

From Womb to Tomb I'm a Gamer!
01-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Former Site Staff | Computers

For installing Flash, Xubuntu can use the Ubuntu Software Center to search and install software, which helps eliminate having to use console commands. Mind you some software and packages will still require the use of a console install.
For dual boot, I would recommend using EasyBCD to easily integrate Xubuntu as an option into the Windows boot selection.
Now for the HDMI issue, what kind of graphics chipset are you using?

Also, the sudo command lets you to perform a superuser action.

-JMP

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Check out my latest Editorial.