Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Free Member

There's a website I use to check up on price trends on Amazon (as well as Newegg)... thought I'd share:

www.camelcamelcamel.com

You can also set price alerts for when a given item drops below a certain price... like Verbatim DVD-R's:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Verbatim-...uct/B000A0CV9S

Just copy the Amazon product URL or type in a generic term like "Verbatim DataLifePlus."

You can also do Newegg or Best Buy, but Amazon is more relevant for those who buy blank media here.

Hope you find this useful... happy burning!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Free Member

is that the Mitsubishi Verbatim?
i though "life" series wasn't good.
02-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Free Member

They're the "DataLifePlus" discs, which are the good ones (along with ones marked "AZO").

These are the "Life Series" you're referring to:
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Verbatim-...uct/B003U2YUD8
02-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

What I don't like about a site like that is that THEY will get the Amazon affiliate referrals, not us. And this site relies on those few dollars to be funded. It pays for hosting, and some of the site licenses (software). So by using them, it harms us.

We're working on a price comparison tool -- this week coincidentally. It's been a long time in the making, but it finally nearly done. The principal programming was done last night. Again, this thread is a big coincidence! We want to redo the media section, but not just DVD. We want to include CD, Blu-ray, and hard drives. It was a bit of a surprise, but I'll spill the beans here.

Some of their data is wrong anyway. Those highs are bogus, and the lows were so long ago as to not matter.

I'd rather not link to that site.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
02-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Free Member

Oops

Actually, my thinking was since it was an Amazon price tool, it would complement the referral stats here... but I guess my logic was flawed...

Having said that, feel free to delete the thread if you'd like; it's definitely not my intent to take away from DFAQ's operating budget (or the site in general for that matter), it's a great resource!
02-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Oh it's a neat site -- don't feel too bad -- but I don't want to watch the Amazon sales go down any more.

This past holiday season was terrible. We used to get a boost of 3x from online shoppers, and we'd spend it on some year end stuff for the site. It's one reason everything has been upgraded each year. But this year was eroded by the price match in local stores, and at other online stores. Everything from Walmart (not a fan) to Target ate into it. So this year the Amazon sales actually fell in December because of it. We'll have to plan it out better this year. We've got 10 months to do it!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.

Tags
blank media, dvd-r