02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Free Member

I tried to install DVD workshop to my laptop for the first time just now, and it downloaded & installed fine, however it wouldn't open the video files that I wanted to work on, so I closed the program and when i did, i got box that said program compatibility assistant.

it said that this program requires d3drm.dll, which is no longer included in this version of windows.

what's that? should i just remove workshop from this computer?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Premium Member

Check and see if the file is in the DVD Workshop program folder. I have a copy there. Next go to your shortcut for DVDWS2, right click and select Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, check off "Run this program in Compatibility Mode" and set it to XP SP3. Check off "Disable Desktop Composition" and try running it. Those settings work for me. Everything in the program works for me except for audio in the media previews.
02-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

See this: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/dvd-...-workshop.html

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
02-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Premium Member

Just in case anyone is wondering, forget using DVD Workshop in Windows 8. Microsoft removed the XP Compatibility option and you can no longer turn off desktop composition.
02-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Free Member

I just downloaded the d3drm.dll file from the link that Kpmedia posted. I'm not sure what to do with it now, I had to download the Winrar trial to make it work.

I closed Workshop, and I got that same error come up again, saying that it needs the d3drm file, but I downloaded it from that link, and also got the Winrar to make it work, but it doesn't appear to be working still..

Also, the Winrar trial is for 30 days, do I have to keep the program on my computer always now to make this file work? I don't need it for anything else.

I downloaded some video files which were in avi format. I had to use DVD Flick to make them DVD compatible files. When I try to open it in Workshop, it won't open. Those files burn fine to DVD in ImgBurn, but I wanted to try to get a few of them onto 1 DVD, so I could make chapters out of them. DVD Flick appears to turn the files into .ifo & .vob files.

What do they have to be to open in Workshop? How can I make them into whatever files those need to be?

-- merged --

Also to add to my last message, is there a program that I can use that will convert .mp4 & .avi files to .mpg files without losing any quality? I'm assuming that .mpg is the main type of file that I need each video to be, to get it into DVD Workshop?

-- merged --

To add onto my last posts...I found a program called Video to Video, where it converts any file to any kind of file that you want. So, I was able to transfer the avi file to an mpg file. However, when I bring it into Workshop, it says it's about 5 gb, I know you want the file to be about 4.5 or so to get it onto 1 DVD. However, I'd like to get two shows on one DVD, instead of just one.

How would I do that?
02-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Former Site Staff | Computers

For the d3drm.dll file, you need to copy it to the "C:\Program Files\Ulead DVD Workshop 2\" folder, or if you are on a 64-bit version of Windows, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ulead DVD Workshop 2\". You will also want to copy it to "C:\Windows\system32\".
Remember, you need to extract the file from the .RAR first before copying it to the mentioned folders.
(More info on ZIP and RAR Here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/comp...rar-files.html)

As for WinRAR, I will refer you to this link here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/comp...istration.html

Now, for encoding AVI to MPEG-2, use AVIDemux (http://avidemux.berlios.de/download.html). DVD Flick and those all-in-one video encoders, like the Video to Video you mentioned, are just crap.

-JMP

- Check out my latest Editorial.
The following users thank JMP for this useful post: Superstar (02-11-2013)
02-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Free Member

ok, i just downloaded the avidemux program. i've never used it before, so i'm not quite sure what to do.

i added the next video that i want to transfer to avi. on the left side of the program where it says "video output", would i change that to mpeg 2, or something else? there's several options to choose from & i'm not sure which one to use.

for audio output, what would i select for that one? ac3? or something else?

for output format, right underneath audio output, should i leave it as avi muxer, or change it to something else?

there looks to be quite a bit of buttons/options on here, is there a certain button that i need to push to start the process, and is there other ones that i need to know about?

-- merged --

To add to my last post, I extracted the d3d file in WinRar, then copied to both of those folders, and then I opened & closed Workshop (That's when the error would appear) and it didn't come up this time, so I assume that means it worked.

Since the file is now in Workshop and appears to be working, can I just uninstall WinRar? I don't need it for anything & I don't assume that file needs it anymore?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, once the video files get transferred from AVI to mpeg (or whatever is the best format to use) I want to put 2 of the shows onto 1 DVD, if possible. However, when I added a file into Workshop, it was 5-6 GB, I know each file has to be about 4.5 gb or so in Workshop to get onto a DVD.

The files that I'm putting on DVD are torrent files. For quality purposes, Do you think that I should just stick with 1 show on each DVD to save quality, instead of shrinking the files after I transfer them from AVI to mpeg to get 2 shows per DVD?

What would be the best way/program to use to shrink each file & what settings or bitrate would I use for that to get each one as close to 4.3-4.5 as possible?

I saw in the AVIDemux, that under "Video Output" on the left side, after you change it to mpeg2, you can then select the "Configure" button, and it brings up a box, and if you go to "Adv settings", you can change the maximum bitrate. Is this where I'd do it?

If you suggest that I stick with 1 show per DVD, then I won't even need to bother with this step, because I'll just burn it straight to DVD, because I won't even need to use Workshop. I'll only need to use Workshop if I add 2 shows per DVD.

If you think adding 2 shows per DVD won't hurt the quality of either show, then what bitrate should I use for each video, because I'll then need to transfer them into Workshop, so I can add them both onto 1 DVD.
02-12-2013, 04:52 PM

Here are some pictures that show the settings to use for Avidemux:
avidemux-1.jpg
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

What is the length of each Video?

02-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Free Member

The ones that I want to put 2 on one DVD run about an hour and a half each. If sacrificing quality would happen by adding 2 per DVD, I'll go with 1 on each DVD. The 2 per DVD idea is just a money saving thing.

Last edited by Superstar; 02-12-2013 at 05:46 PM.
02-13-2013, 10:39 AM

I would recommend only putting 1 video per DVD if they are around 1.5 hour long. No point in sacrificing quality to save a few pennies.

-JMP

02-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Free Member

ok, i'll just do one then. should i use the settings in the screenshot that you posted for everything that i put on dvd with that program?

i think we have a different version of it or something. my program's settings look nothing like what's in the picture..i have version 2.6.1

1.jpg

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

2.jpg

3.jpg

still needing some help with this...

also, this is a stupid question, but once you get the project loaded into the program & you do the settings as you want them, how do you actually begin the process? i don't see a start program button or a start or go button anywhere..

02-17-2013, 10:13 PM

Hmm, I have an older version, I will need to install the newer version and take a look at the differences and get back to you.

-JMP

02-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Free Member

ok, but until then, nce you get the project loaded into the program & you do the settings as you want them, how do you actually begin the process? i don't see a start program button or a start or go button anywhere

Can someone with the newer version help me out?

I still need help with the settings/bitrates. Most videos I'm doing are 1 and a half hours or so.

there's a few 2 hour ones also.
02-23-2013, 08:42 PM

A guide is being made for this. Sit tight.

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
02-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Free Member

Awesome, thanks
03-16-2013, 04:20 AM

RE: Avidemux, Avidemux

Latest digital video guides:Feedback thread: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/news...ow-encode.html
Start a new thread for questions.

Read, enjoy.

The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: kcmom (03-16-2013), Superstar (03-16-2013)
03-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Free Member

Thank you very much!
03-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Free Member

I just used the guide to set it up, but then I realized, I can't figure out how to start the process. I don't see a "start" or "go" option anywhere. I thought it might be the "Load/Run" project icon, but I clicked it & nothing happened. I clicked the "go" option at the top and I then selected "play/stop" but all that did was play the video...is that what I want, or would it be something else?