04-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Free Member

Are there any good web hosts that allow adult content from artistic nudity to sexual content?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Free Member

Hey Rey,
What location are you interested in? Are you looking for shared hosting or a decent affordable VPS?
04-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

When it comes to adult content, and shared hosting, the thing to check for is the LiteSpeed web server. Adult is not allowed on LiteSpeed. So you have to find a web host that doesn't use this, which isn't many of the best hosts. For adult shared hosting, I would suggest Hostdime.

Now if you want a VPS, it depends on if you want management and what the budget range is (expectations should match budget!). And it also can't run LiteSpeed. We use EuroVPS and Liquidweb for the most important sites. And we use Stablehost and Evolucix for the slave servers. Ninjahawk is used for test systems. Those are all great VPS hosts. But you need to know enough to manage servers, else that won't end well.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
04-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Free Member

It would be shared, but you seem to have already answered my question.

What is it about LiteSpeed that doesn't allow adult content?
04-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Free Member

I just checked out Hostdime's website. Is the Business Web Hosting plan supposed to be the shared web hosting?

So there's no other shared web hosts that you know of?
04-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rey View Post
It would be shared, but you seem to have already answered my question.

What is it about LiteSpeed that doesn't allow adult content?
Apparently their EULA states that their server can't be used to host sites with it. Something that is likely completely unenforceable in the United States of America. I wouldn't be surprised if there was adult sites running their software somewhere on the internet.
04-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

It's actually quite enforceable, and sites are suspended often because of it. (Regardless of whether I agree with it.)
You just have to find a non-LiteSpeed host, one that uses Apache or nginx.

It was late when I answered last night, and I was thinking of reseller hosting. Oops. (Still a good host, though. And they use Apache.)

Use Arvixe for this. That's a decent host, too. I've had an account for several years now. I re-reviewed the ToS just now.

That's what I would do.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.

Tags
adult content, nudity, web host