Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-04-2013, 02:38 AM
Premium Member

I love my ipod, the capacity and cover flow for my music, but I am getting tired of itunes. For the past week I have been going around and around, it will not let me load albums into it, I keep getting "failed to copy to music, the required file is in use" error message, & it is leaving out half of the album artwork.

I am a visual person, & I like to see album art both on my desktop, & on my ipod. Are there any decent alternatives to itunes, where I can use on my mac or windows, & sync to my ipod.

I have looked online, & a few names have come up; songbird, sonora, winamp, & media monkey.

so far, it seems media monkey is a fairly good replacement for itunes, from what I have read online. I downloaded the free standard version, and did a test sync of some of my music to my ipod, & it seemed to work. I have yet to figure out how to make multiple selections & sync more than one album at a time, doing it this way would take me a long time. I also have yet to figure out how to select all the songs in an album for editing instead of doing each track at a time.

Media monkey seems ok, but am still undecided as I have not used it extensively yet.

If it were not for the capacity of the ipod classic, & its visual cover flow, I would probably use a different digital audio player.

Any suggestions?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

I never required thumbnails, so that's something I never done. I always buy music from Amazon, and just keep the MP3 files in a folder on the hard drive. I guess I've never been fancy like that.

I'd just type "iTunes alternatives" into Google and see what it brings back. In fact, I did that just now.

Aside from Media Monkey, this Wondershare software looks interesting: http://www.wondershare.com/mac-free-transpod

Music organization is almost a personal thing, and unlike encoding videos, or printing photos, there's really not a wrong way to do it.

FYI: We have a very in-depth answer for your photo scanning/saving/printing question. You're not being ignored. That's just a rabbit hole of a question. One of us will get to it sometime soon.

Thanks.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!