07-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Free Member

How do you make the small curve in it? That LS has used in this menu. I'm not Photoshop expert, so I wasn't sure of the aligning abilities if there is one.

-AOA
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Basically, a big round brush with the shape of the curve you want. And a canvas that is way too big, temporarily.

Some image to illustrate:

menu-overlay1.jpg

To make larger canvas, goto IMAGE and CANVAS SIZE and make it a lot bigger.

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Then make the brush size you want, if one does not already exist. A single click of the mouse is all you'll need to plop down the circle of ink.

menu-overlay4.jpg

You want to make it on a new layer.

Then make the the layer on top of the old one.

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Then re-crop the full image so your old canvas is there at the right size of 720x540.

Make sense? Have to be brief, really busy here.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Free Member

Neat thats how I made the Aladdin menu, I figured it was the ghetto way but I guess that other people think the same

I did not want as strong a curve (using LS version but exact same concept as my original just better fonts and placement of items