Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Free Member

I am looking to move from hostgator to a new reliable host. I've also got a few clients and am thinking of getting reseller hosting. I'm looking at stablehost, site5, and veerotech and I need help in deciding. I'm really not sure what I should be taking into consideration first when looking for a host. They all look good but have different features, pricing, space, speed, hardware, etc. What should I be paying attention to when looking to get a reseller hosting account?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimkg View Post
I am looking to move from hostgator to a new reliable host. I've also got a few clients and am thinking of getting reseller hosting. I'm looking at stablehost, site5, and veerotech and I need help in deciding. I'm really not sure what I should be taking into consideration first when looking for a host. They all look good but have different features, pricing, space, speed, hardware, etc. What should I be paying attention to when looking to get a reseller hosting account?
Hi there - my name is Brent & also the owner of VeeroTech Systems. Without "fluffing" my post to make my company sound better, I'd just like to ask a few questions to get a better idea of your requirements. I'm not certain about Site5 however, StableHost is a company that I'd recommend, even as a competitor.

1. How many websites or cPanel accounts do you currently have?

2. What types of sites are these? Wordpress, HTML, Joomla, Drupal, Concrete etc etc

3. What type of usage stats are you showing? Storage/bandwidth usage, visitors etc

4. Do you have a location preference? Where are the majority of your users?

5. Are you looking for "traditional" style hosting or a "cloud/high availability" style hosting? Traditional would be a single server hosting the websites & a cloud/high availability scenario would be spanned across servers in a cluster using a SAN (storage area network) as storage.

6. As always, the most asked question is "what's your budget?" - cheapest isn't always best, but expensive doesn't necessarily mean the best either.

7. Backups - do you take your own backups? Do you require your host to provide backups in addition to yours? (you should ALWAYS be taking backups in addition to the host just in case.)

Between the 3 you've chosen, what features interest you more & what doesn't?

Hopefully some of that will help.
The following users thank Brent for this useful post: kpmedia (10-22-2013)
10-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimkg View Post
Getting away from Hostgator is definitely a good idea.

We covered why in this three-part editorial, which you may have already seen:
For reseller hosting, my two personal favorites are Veerotech and Stablehost

However Stream101, MDD Hosting, Site5 and Namecheap deserve a mention too.

Each of these hosts has served me well over the years. Around Christmas this year, I'll be creating detailed reviews for them all.

The official list is at http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-...ts-2013-a.html, which you've also likely read through. (It's how most hosting users find this site.)

There's a lot of good reseller hosts out there -- unlike standard shared hosting. These are some of the best of the best.

I think the most important aspect comes down to exact price, the billing panel available (if any), and the location.

One of the reason I like Veerotech is
- (1) Dallas location, aka central USA
- (2) Included ClientExec, which I prefer to WHMCS and Blesta
- (3) Affordable price
- (4) and all the normal things you want for all hosting plans: uptime, good support, etc

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.