Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Computers

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-09-2013, 04:57 AM
Free Member

I am searching for solution to recover lost data from crashed NTFS disk. My Windows 7 based NTFS hard disk partition crashed accidentally. I don't know more about NTFS disk partition. I just want to recover my lost data from this NTFS disk. Will it possible?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-12-2013, 03:24 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preeti View Post
I am searching for solution to recover lost data from crashed NTFS disk. My Windows 7 based NTFS hard disk partition crashed accidentally. I don't know more about NTFS disk partition. I just want to recover my lost data from this NTFS disk. Will it possible?
There are several commercial software for lost data recovery from hard disk partition on NTFS file system. You can check version of DDR Recovery software. I hope it may help you to rescue lost data.
07-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
A good freeware option is Recuva, from the makers of CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/recuva

The important thing is NOT running anything on the bad drive anymore -- put it in another computer to recover from.

If that doesn't work, you can always use a data recovery service like Kroll Ontrack. It's not cheap, but if the data is important, price honestly won't matter.

Curious what you used.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs