11-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Free Member

Hi Guys and Girls,

Im a complete newly to this, so, apologies if its not in the right thread or if this problem has been solved many times over - I know how annoying that is.

Right here we go.

So I've created a rather nice video of me sat playing guitar and singing, recorded through Quicktime, the video is about 3mins 14 secs. Only problem is its got my ugly mug on it, so, being a bit creative, I processed it using MPEG Streamclip to break it down into 1913 JPEG files, batch processed all of them using AKVIS Sketch and then recombined them back to a Quicktime mov using MPEG Streamclip, result - a nice sketch/animation of me singing. The only problem is that somewhere in this process I've lost 6 secs of video (images) and when I now combine with audio, it is out of sync. I can't offset the audio because it gradually loses sync. I've tried using Logic Pro to time stretch the audio and speed it up, but, yes you guessed I sound like a chipmunk. My last kind of idea is to add what would 6 secs of frames (about 58 Jpegs) to the process then recombine but, is there an easier way than this.. I've read somewhere about using a AssumeFPR function, is this a frame rate issue? Help!!!

I should add that I've limited video editing software. iMovie, Quicktime, Handbrake and VLC.

Many Thanks in advance.

Rik
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Old post, but wanted to share the advice anyway...

You have several options here:
- add more frames to correct the sync
- shorten the audio, then correct the slight "chipmunk" sound by altering the audio pitch

In all honesty, it sounds like a simply PAL/NTSC mix-up somewhere in the workflow. And it the project was/is still saved, it would be simple to go back and correct the project settings.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs