08-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Free Member

OK not going to comment a whole lot but seriously folks, if you are going to make a menu (not directed at anyone here specifically but just the hobby folks in general) at least make it legible and readable

This was from the original Powerpuff Girls set

powerpuff01.jpg

Now come on I cant even read the text much less the fact its split onto 2 menu pages so that the movie can have its own page

I made this to replace it (for more than one reason that I wont go into here) and it took about 5 minutes in Photoshop grabbinng some images from googles image search and using basic photoshop features

This menu has images and text tucked and the blue bars are bled off the screen so that it looks right on any TV. This of course is the TV safe area

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Now I am not saying its retail quality or that its the greatest menu ever designed but I can (A) read it and (B) navigate it

With the other menu the author might as well have had no menu and just put each episode as a chapter because it produces the same result

Just a general observation, if you like menus then great keep making them, if you make them and it actually hurts the overall enjoyment (meaning if I have to hurt my eyes to see where I am going) then might as well make them non-existant because its not doing anyone any favors to make them THAT bad

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Free Member

Wow that menu is seriously fugly. Pardon my french

I've seen worse
08-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Free Member

We should start of thread of bad menus you have encountered, this had to be one of the worst, most I can make out whats on them just dont like the layout, etc. This one was the first times since 2003 I actually had to go up and say wtf does that say?
08-27-2005, 04:36 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Man, my dvd recorder menus look better than that! That's really bad!
08-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Alright, here's a gallery of BAD MENUS: http://www.crapvideo.com/menus/menus.htm
Complete with ruthless (but true) commentary!

If you see one of your menus on here, too bad. Even one of my oldest menus is on that page because it too is pretty tacky and hard to read. And what's TRULY SAD is that there may be 40 or more menus before the page is done.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Free Member

ouch, some bad menus there LS
and some acidic comments to go with it
i fear you will post one of my bad ones
and tear me a new hole!