Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Free Member

Hello kpmedia

i see some of your reply and your topic too in your forum digitalfaq

i'm willing to move my reseller can you advice me please which the best, my required :
- Uptime (most required )
- R1soft backup
- overselling
- Linux cloud ( will be better )
- WHMCS

i find those reseller and i'm asking for your experience:
veerotech.net
ezpzhosting.co.uk
arvixe.com
mddhosting.com

waiting your replay asap, your advice will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-17-2014, 03:11 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

First, your criteria...

Uptime
should be 99.9%+ at a good host. Everybody wants good uptime. I've never seen somebody ask for 95% uptime, 80%, 50%, etc. I've never given advice to somebody looking for downtime.

R1soft is a TERRIBLE backup method. Sadly, it's one of the only decent ones available. Keyword = "one of". It's mostly for the benefit of the host, not the customers on the server. Take a look around sites like WHT; every time a host has a server go down, it takes DAYS to restore. Why? Because of r1soft. And it's not even that foolproof. I remember Arvixe wasted 3 days restoring a server in 2011 (2012?), only to have the backup fail and they had to try again. Clients were down almost a whole week! Lesson: Take your own backups, never rely on r1shit r1soft.

Overselling (NOT to be confused with overloading!) is usually enabled at all hosts. I've not seen a host that forbids overselling in several years now.

CloudLinux is at most of the medium-sized hosts. The larger hosts don't want to pay $12/server for it, as it cuts in their profit margin (which is foolishly spent on affiliates instead of quality servers). Note that it is NOT necessarily better. Usually yes, but not always -- not if its been setup poorly.

WHMCS can be purchased via LicensePal, so having the host offer it direct is honestly not needed. In fact, the LicensePal licenses can be cheaper. When hosts "include" WHMCS, the price for the reseller hosting is just higher to compensate.

And now, the hosts....

EZPZ has been melting down for months, as they have apparently grown faster than the manpower available. What the means is that servers go down more often, and come back slower. Tickets are answered slow. Basically, their support has fallen off the grid right now, so I'd not get anywhere near that mess.

They're experiencing the same problem that's affected JaguarPC for the past 12+ months now. At least Jag has a roadmap to get out of that situation. No word yet on what EZPZ plans to do, if anything.

At WHT alone, there's probably been 50 complaints in the past 6 months. Do the math -- that's 2 complaints per week! And this is just from people that use that one forum!

Thankfully, hosting isn't a monopoly. You have choices, so choose another hosts.

Veerotech is easily one of the best hosts around, and does everything you want -- R1soft, overselling enabled, CloudLinux, WHMCS included.

To ensure uptime, they also have a VMware cloud (NOT OnApp junk!), which has failover. Theoretically, and often in practice, real clouds give 100% uptime. While their normal servers have excellent uptime, their clouds should be even better. A cloud can be the difference between, for example, 99.97% (15 minutes) and 99.999% (1 minute) uptime.

I've invited the owner to this thread if he'd like to discuss their cloud further.

Arvixe doesn't use CloudLinux. They have proprietary management methods. Still an excellent host!

MDDHosting is fine. Similiar to Veerotech, but Veerotech has better infrastructure (servers, datacenter locations, etc).

If you have more question, ask them here in a reply to this post.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
03-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Free Member

@kpmedia has summed things up pretty well in this thread. Would you be able to give some details about the types of sites on your reseller account, perhaps a location preference and what problems you might be facing now, if any?

In response to what @kpmedia has mentioned about R1Soft, it can be slow, and there's a lot of factors to play into this from our own testing. We've spent quite a few hours testing, testing and more testing with both on & off site R1Soft solutions along with different hardware setups. Each have their pro's an cons.

---

Our cloud is based on Vmware & NetApp, which are true enterprise grade solutions. Our cloud servers (shared & reseller hosting) are also replicated off site & have a 4 hour RTO. Given the back end architecture on our cloud, we also provide increased resources in terms of I/O & memory per account.

As @kpmedia has mentioned about the uptime, keep in mind though that there are still factors such as software that can hinder this uptime. Failures don't happen often, but it's not entirely impossible just because it's a "cloud" infrastructure. The risk however, is much lower than a traditional single server model.

If you have any questions about any of our services, feel free to let me know.

-Brent
03-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Given the back end architecture on our cloud, we also provide increased resources in terms of I/O & memory per account.
If you have any questions about any of our services, feel free to let me know.
I have a question!

Does this mean your cloud shared offering is comparable to a semi-dedicated hosting solution?
Or would you still classify it as general shared, albeit slightly better?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
03-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
I have a question!

Does this mean your cloud shared offering is comparable to a semi-dedicated hosting solution?
Or would you still classify it as general shared, albeit slightly better?
Still classified as regular shared/reseller in terms of use. the resources are higher per account. I/O memory etc.