Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Encode, Convert for discs

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Free Member

I have a bunch of Mpg files (from DVDs, SVCDs). Now I am trying to convert them to DVD compliant format in TMPGEnc. Ok the files load fine and then when i go to look at the conversion process, the video comes out upside down and mirrored/inverted.

Next, I use Windows Media Player to view the original file and it is perfectly fine. However, it comes out inverted during the conversion process. Any suggesstions?

Raman
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
If your video is upsidedown when you play it or after you have converted it or burned it.

1. Be sure to uninstall any codec packs you have installed like Nimo codec pack or others. And only install the codecs you need and be sure to get the latest codecs also. Use avicodec to identify the video so you know what codecs to download.

2. If the first step didn't help try install latest ffdshow, it is a great DivX/XviD codec filter. Try play the video and if it is still up side down go to the Start Menu->ffdshow->Configuration. Select under Miscellaneous in the menu to the left and select Flip video. Hit OK and try play the video.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Free Member

I haven't had any avi/divx conversion problems. It is only when i do MPG conversions.

Raman
09-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Beats me, never had the issue, go to videohelp.com and read around.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs