Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Free Member

(I don't see Hostdime in your top 20)

So I pretty much was all set on Hostdime's Services...I am little skeptical just because I've read some REALLY great reviews about them but the reviews that i read that are negative kind of worried me.

Sites being down for hours at time, Support not being entirely helpful, Multiple people's hands in one ticket which causes confusion, etc etc.

Granted most of these are for Shared Hosting...Though I read a few VPS/Dedicated reviews online complaining about some problems(I am planning on VPS) just not as much as Shared/reseller.

I'm so conflicted at the moment. I almost signed up last night but stopped. I've pretty much chosen them, after much discussion.

yet I am leaving a currently popular Host on WHT because they have had way too many small cases of mistakes/screw-ups that have presently left me with some unexplained errors/issues on my forum(And I am too afraid to ask them to fix it since when they fixed one thing it messed something else up lol). So I'd hate to go from one host to another and have worse problems(not saying I would)

Choosing a host can be so stressful XD
There is their sister site, Vpslatch, but i like that the support with Host Dime does have phone support as well...Though not too thrilled about them using Openvz

Last edited by Impulse; 08-13-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-15-2014, 01:13 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
Sites being down for hours at time, Support not being entirely helpful, Multiple people's hands in one ticket which causes confusion, etc etc.
^ And this is exactly why they're not one of our suggested host for VPS, or even shared. We'd also noticed things not working on the HostDime site. Their only consistent proudct appears to be their reseller offering. However, how long that will continue remains to be seen. I've not yet made up my mind about the company.

Would I suggest it? No.
Would I advise you to avoid it? Also no.

Quote:
yet I am leaving a currently popular Host on WHT because they have had way too many small cases of mistakes/screw-ups that have presently left me with some unexplained errors/issues on my forum(And I am too afraid to ask them to fix it since when they fixed one thing it messed something else up lol). So I'd hate to go from one host to another and have worse problems(not saying I would)
Who is it?

Quote:
Choosing a host can be so stressful XD
Yes! I agree here. It's why we try to help others, not merely leave them unguided. We've all been onlin since the 90s, and I've been an admin since the NT4 days. I don't mind sharing my experience, so as to help you avoid problems.

Quote:
There is their sister site, Vpslatch, but i like that the support with Host Dime does have phone support as well...Though not too thrilled about them using Openvz
OpenVZ is 2000s tech, and we're already midway through the 2010s. It's time we all moved on. There's simply too many issues, both for users and the hosts, with VZ nodes. Xen, KVM, VMware, and Hyper-V is the future, and it's here (been here!) now.

The only exception is when hosts really watch the nodes for issues -- such as Knownhost, WiredTree or Futurehosting -- that using VZ can be alright.

Since we left OpenVZ/VZ container-style virtualization, probably virtually disappeared! (Pun intended. )

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.