Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Premium Member

Here's a simple/cheap thing I had to make, to keep my cats from loosening/chewing on my equipment wires, while keeping hairs out, and allowing air-flow for cooling, plus allows a visual, but still be removable for access. It's not perfect, yes they could jump over, and in if they wanted too, But by now they have been trained to stay out!. It's made from Nylon screen, (Not Metal!, a wrap-around screen made of metal could cause RF or other problems) and stapled to 2 old picture frames, which are loosely inserted into both sides. At first I was using a removable,cut-to-fit cardboard box around equipment, but I couldn't see anything, and there was no airflow!..(Heat from the PC,UPS and Ext Drives had nowhere to go).KAT GUARD Front view (640x480).jpg

^ Kat Guard laid on floor

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

^ Kat Guard Dis-Engaged

KAT GUARD DIS-ENGUAGED (640x480).jpg

^ Kat Guard Engaged

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

^ Kat Guard Working..Bad Kitty!

KAT GUARD ENGUAGED (640x480).jpg

^ Kat Guard Working..Good Kitty!

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-04-2015, 06:28 AM
Free Member

Be careful, PETA and the SPCA may get after you - for spoiling the cats' fun <G>.

What was that saying? - "Watch what you do - cats are devious and people sleep with their mouth open."
02-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
I miss my old home office:
- awesome stuff on the walls (Smurfs! Transformers!)
- awesome equipment in racks

... and no pets

Here, living where I do now, we have an indoor cat. He's a sneaky little kitty. I do my best to keep him out of my rooms, but you have to be diligent about closing doors.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs