09-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Free Member

I am trying to get some of the few .AVI captures that I have made encoded for playback with no luck so far. Using Handbrake, I am getting an error that tells me that I have to "scan my source and set up my job before starting an encode". I have noticed one thing: this only happens on larger files. I have attempted to convert much smaller .AVI files to .MP4 (about 2GB in size) and Handbrake recognizes them, scans them correctly and is able to encode them properly. It only throws the error when I try to encode the larger files, around 10GB in size.

My questions are: What gives? Why is HB not able to encode the larger files? And is there an alternative to encoding in HB for playback on Plex?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-07-2015, 01:44 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
I've never liked Handbrake.
Try Avidemux 2.5 for MPEG conversion, and 2.6 for x264 conversion (MP4 or MKV).

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Free Member

Link is broken, but it's no matter since I have it installed already. I have tried using it, but perhaps I am not sure how to since the only thing I have been able to do with it is make the preview section green. It is simply not recognizing the file. Any ideas why? Any crash courses on this you can point me to?
09-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Remembered

Quote:
Any ideas why?
probably already, loads a cutting in the net high.
then I look at it.

As a rule I make single as well as several AVI in the Batch to mode with Hybrid MP4.
AVC and AAC
Interlaced in MBAFF

Handbrake [Handbremse] offers me not enough settings.

If I have your AVI, I make it here with Hybrid and will film the course on my screen

Quote:
the preview section green
If is, nevertheless, a nice colour.....

Green points that for the view no decoder for the picture contents is recognised.
I would try sometimes as a Spltter / Parser the LAV 0.65 start.
Haali has been installed certainly before.

To which splinters / decoder test in the system exist and also in the whole system are available, nevertheless, there is the free GraphStudioNext [32 and 64 bits]

2 example pictures of 2 different streams

09-13-2015, 07:54 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
A green preview is always a codec error.
Either too many are installed (codec packs = avoid!) or the one needed is missing.

Avidemux has changed URLs. They keep using free hosting. New one: http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs