05-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

In the past year, we've been getting too many questions like this:
Quote:
I have been trying for two hours to find a way to post a new thread / question. I cannot find any button to let me do it. Please email me a link DIRECTLY TO THE MAKE NEW THREAD BUTTON, please. I don't understand why you hide it...!
Forum technology has existed for 20 years, so I'm baffled that this even needs to be explained.

Step 1: Login.

dfaq-login.jpg

If not already a member, register, then login:
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Step 2: Post a question.

dfaq-join.jpg

Forums are a collection of "threaded" conversations, usually organized into further sub-forums. This post, in this thread, is in the General Discussion forum.

Most common mistakes:
- You cannot ask a question on the forum index.
- You must login first.

Final thought:

What really irritates me is the constant accusation that we hide the new post/thread button.

Just because you cannot find something doesn't mean that it's been hidden.

Why do almost all "Help me Obiwan, I can't find the new post button!" emails come with ridiculous accusations that we're secretly Darth Vader or the Emperor nefariously hiding things? I don't get it.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors