Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Free Member

so, i've been watching my recently purchased STAR TREK; THE NEXT GENERATION complete series set on this player, second disc in.
second episode to the last on that disc, we quit for the night. a couple/three days later, we resume,
to find that suddenly there is, -wait for it- NO AUDIO!!

i check everything, try switching discs, no audio on FINAL FANTASY ADVENT CHILDREN,
and i begin to figure something electronic just gave out in the player.

i try both ANT-MAN and ZOOTOPIA, DISNEY releases both, and BOTH throe up the same identical INCORRECT REGION banner
straight after the initial Disneyland castle loading screen, and i figure, perhaps this is a software issue, like a PC or something?

so i go and download and burn another CD-R of PIONEER's firmware, reinstall it to the player, and... VIOLA!
Perfectly Functional BDP-05FD once again.

so, an urgent piece of advice to any PIONEER BDP-05FD owner with an iffy/malfunctioning player;
try reloading the most recent Firmware; it might just wind up fixing your player...

Catch the Spirit of a True ΩPIONEER
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors