11-29-2016, 05:34 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
I've been sitting on some really horrible quality videos since the mid 1990s. These are nth generation copies of copies of copies from unknown-origin source (usually 1970s or 1980s) tapes. These videos do not have easy fixes. Even with all my restoration knowledge, these still elude me. But I don't know everything. Hence this new monthly contest.

What can you do to fix it?

Even if you can only solve ONE issue, perhaps that's progress.

This isn't video of little junior taking first steps (or spitting up peas). It's not old film transfers of great-granny getting married. It's nothing personal. These are fan videos. Many are rarities, and no better copy can be located, even after decades of searching by an online dragnet of fans. Why does this matter, you ask?

Many people want to see this video look better. So that's where the word "content" comes into play. Depending on the fixes, some fans or groups of fans may be willing to pony up a few dollars for your efforts. Perhaps a $50 Amazon or eBay gift certificate? It really depends on what you can do, and how the fan base wants to reward you. Nothing is guaranteed, but I want to toss that out there, because it can realistically happen.

This months contest, the inaugural content, is actually a submission. In addition to my own problem sources, many collectors seek my advice. Sometimes I can help, sometimes not. Like many of my own sources, the fix for this one eludes me.

Have at it!

restore-dec2016-1_rsz.jpg

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Attached Files
File Type: mp4 somethingelse-tvset-1.mp4 (95.63 MB, 25 downloads)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-29-2016, 06:46 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
WOW! UGH-ly!
12-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Free Member

*Ouch my eyes i'm blind
That's probably the best i can do (30sec sample utvideo):
https://mega.nz/#!B9wWwRLa!y1ysZuFIj...fChHvNiF3Bp_d4
12-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
I want to see what you've done ... but unfortunately, I cannot. Mega is blocked here, due to past malware concerns. If using a file share service, Dropbox is what we can download from.

Or just attach to posts, 99mb allowed!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
12-08-2016, 03:22 AM
Free Member

Here you go: http://uptobox.com/mfpsizpsz13t
It's not fantastic anyways, needs more filtering and fine tuning but ..good luck