Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Free Member

I currently have a reseller account and looking to move to another host due to the consistent downtime I've been experiencing. I'm going back and forth between InMotion and A2 Hosting.

A2 offers this 20X Turbo Server which seems gimmicky to me but according to them it provides you with more resources/user, fewer users per server, some faster replacement for Apache, etc. (more info here https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/a2-host...-swift-servers

But InMotion has been on the top of your hosting list for quite some time now. My only concern is that according to their support, they're on a 21 day backlog to transfer sites from another host.

Do you have any experience with either company? Should I be considering others?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-08-2017, 05:29 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

A2 is a host we keep re-evaluating, but it consistently performs under par.

The "20x turbo" is indeed a gimmick, and we do not like gimmicks, and that's one of many things currently working against it being better ranked. Those servers simply use CloudLinux, which is why PHP can be changed in cPanel, why PHP is faster (mod_lsapi), etc. It's really nothing special. If anything, it means their "Swift" servers are vanilla Apache servers.

InMotion simply continues to perform well in many areas. I wish our long-form reviews were already on the site, because then you could see how different it is.

Aside from InMotion, you also Veerotech and Stablehost. But InMotion is still best.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
03-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Free Member

Thanks for the information! I trust your reviews and always prefer to run things by you first!
Closed Thread