Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-28-2017, 05:12 AM
Premium Member

Hi,

My knowledge is either rusty or missing altogether. I have mov files, probably different resolutions. When I install Apple Quicktime they play, but under Windows Media Player they don't. My anti-virus told me to get rid of Quicktime so I uninstalled it.

I am not familiar with the DIY stuff when I see people talking about VirtualDub, but I think I might have Hitfilm editibg software around somewhere or even an older Sony one (not Vegas but the consumer one - Movie Studio 13 rings a bell).

Could someone please advise or update me a good way to deal with mov files nowadays in terms of playing and editing, but also options if I wanted to either burn to dvd with menus or have something on my hard drive which behaves like a dvd when one click menus. Will the software load mov and output to MP2 or MP4 and which is advised ?

I have seen passing references to "1 pass" and "2 pass" for making dvds. Is that terminology still relevant, as I want the best encoding I can muster. I am prepared to invest 3 figures if necessary, but hopefully not 4 figures (!). I think some of the good dvd software on the DigitalFaq list I saw is no longer available.

Any help or guidance much appreciated.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Premium Member

Moderator, delete this post please - I forgot I was a Premium Member so reposted in that section ! Thanks.